On stage, Lou Majaw, the hill town's premier rocker-poet-troubadour, is belting out the Dylan standards - a ritual that he's been faithfully performing for the last 34 years on the singer's birthday.
It all began sometime in 1972 when Majaw began a folk festival to "honour Dylan" at a small auditorium on the singer's birthday.
A few years earlier he had been converted to the legend after he heard the seminal album, The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan.
Since then, the Dylan fest has played out every 24 May at homes, parks, and halls.
I am an executive of Cosyne Enterprises Inc. in Atlanta, GA, USA. Cosyne is an IT Services company. Please go to our website www.cosyne.com to know more about our company. Last year we opened an e-learning center in Dimapur, Nagaland where we have students getting certified in Microsoft products. We are also preparing them for jobs in the NE region, in India as well as abroad.
Our Mission is to put the North East in the IT map. We have been continuously working towards this Mission.
In the wake of the Tsunami on 26th December 2004 that struck the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and on the East Coast of South India, this was the question that we posed to ourselves at Dreamcatchers.
The answer to the question contoured our work with young people and communities in the Tsunami hit areas of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The magnitude of both physical and mental devastation in the aftermath of the tsunami was unthinkable. Thousands of children were living in relief camps, living in fear of the sea and experiencing a sense of complete abandonment and loss.
The iatreilang, shillong festival organising committee, which is hosting the event in collaboration with the arts and culture department, the tourism department of the meghalaya government and the meghalaya tourism development forum as the hospitality partners. the event is being supported by the north eastern council (nec).
- SSLC, HSSLC (Arts) pass percentage improves, girls still outrun boys
- Stop ‘witch hunting’ our officials: CMJ University to CM
- Norok is a cold blooded killer: ANVC(B)
- Stay back and help local artisans: Prof Bhatt to students
- MPDA order against Champion set aside by Court
- CID to arrest CM Jha at ‘appropriate time’
- KSU calls off two-day office picketing in Ri-Bhoi
- EKH DC stops spot admission for Medical course in City
- One sent to police custody for female foeticide, pre-natal sex determination
- Probe affairs of Mahatma Gandhi University: Mooshahary
- CMJ University Scam: Registrar arrested, Dy Registrar in Hospital
- Police nabs ANVC(B) cadre
- CMJ University’s Dy Registrar arrested, anticipatory bail of ‘Chancellor’ rejected
- KSU withdraws night road blockade
- Govt assures to extend merit list, candidates withdraw hunger strike
- Court convicts two drug peddlers
- Unique Shillong literary fest takes off in style
- LAEF still prowls at large in East Garo Hills
- KSU members released on bail, CEC meeting today
- Acclaimed economist doesn’t see Meghalaya’s growth at current state of affairs
Recent blog posts
- VJ hunt for Hitz TV
- MERRY CHRISTMAS
- Relationships: View From Two Windows
- The Hume Pipe
- NEED A FEMALE / MALE CANDIDATE
- NE Career Guidance is looking for CHANNEL PARTNER
- NE Career Guidance Launched their Services in Assam and Sikkim
- Dekachang Baptist Church
- Dekachang Baptist Church
- CYEA: The Need for immediate change!
- In the sweetness of
31 weeks 5 days ago
- I was a die hard fan of
1 year 37 weeks ago
- Dear Mr. Hazarika,
I was at
1 year 38 weeks ago
- Shillong is my pride,it's
1 year 40 weeks ago
- True that Shillong has lost
1 year 41 weeks ago
- I feel highly nostalgic
1 year 45 weeks ago
- I think everyone in Shillong
2 years 3 days ago
- Manual for Relationships
2 years 1 week ago
2 years 3 weeks ago
- i was born and brought up in
2 years 5 weeks ago